Monday, January 30, 2012

Spotlight on Member Mary O'Shea


 I've lived in port towns my whole life--born in Portland, moved to Hawaii for 15 years and then to Key West for 12.  I'm back here in Portland, loving the beautiful people and landscapes.  I make everything from dishes to fishes.  I've been fusing glass for over 20 years.  I love playing with color and melting stuff, so fusing is the perfect medium for me.  I love expressing my feelings and sense of humor through glass.  So, my work spans the range from funky 50's to modern abstract.  I also love nature, and the flora and fauna of where I live or have lived comes through in my fishes, birds, and landscapes or seascapes.  I'm very excited about being with the new LeftCoastArtistsCollective. http://keywestglass.com/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment